The Polkadot Cup
April 1st - April 30th, 2023
Wave 2 Details »
Announcing April's Global Cup: The Polkadot Cup!
Get ready for a new challenge beginning on April 1st! With it comes a new chance to prove your skill and increase your global and local player ranking! The Polkadot Cup follows the same basic rules as all Silph Arena global cups, but this month it comes with a special twist! Here's what you need to know:
What Is The Polkadot Cup?
Each month the Silph Arena holds a month-long Cup - a 'themed' PvP tournament - that provides tens of thousands of trainers around the world a specially-designed competitive challenge and a chance to prove they're the very best. The Silph Arena is the world's largest global network for ranked Pokémon GOTM tournament play.
During the Cup (April 1st - April 30th), local Silph League communities host and record a special tournament using the free Silph.gg tools. Wins and losses in this local tournament affect your player rank on local and global leaderboards
All players are welcome to compete, whether it's your first tournament or your hundredth! Find a local tournament near you on the Tournament Map!
Polkadot Cup Rules
The Polkadot Cup má několik zvláštních pravidel, kterými se liší od běžných PvP soubojů v Pokémon GO, aby byl náročnější a zábavnější:
- Team of 6: Competitors will bring a team of 6 Pokemon (and register them before the tournament begins). All battle parties used must be comprised of these 6 Pokemon.
- Great League: Matches are played in Great League: only Pokemon up to 1500 CP are permitted in the Cup.
Hatch a winning team: Build your team using Pokémon from a list of 100 Pokémon with Bug, Fairy, Field, and Flying type
- Shadow and Mega Pokémon are not eligible to use in the Polkadot Cup.
Eligible List: What follows is the official list of exactly which species are permitted for use in the Polkadot Cup:
And in text form:
- Ampharos, Araquanid, Arbok, Arcanine, Aromatisse, Beartic, Beedrill, Bewear, Bibarel, Blaziken, Braviary, Camerupt, Charjabug, Cherrim (Sunshine Form), Chesnaught, Clefable, Darmanitan, Dedenne, Delphox, Dewgong, Donphan, Dustox, Emboar, Emolga, Espeon, Flareon, Florges (Blue Flower), Florges (Orange Flower), Florges (Red Flower), Florges (White Flower), Florges (Yellow Flower), Furret, Galarian Darmanitan, Galarian Rapidash, Galvantula, Girafarig, Glaceon, Glalie, Golduck, Golisopod, Granbull, Heatmor, Heracross, Hippowdon, Hisuian Sneasel, Jolteon, Jumpluff, Kecleon, Kricketune, Leafeon, Ledian, Linoone, Litleo, Lopunny, Luxray, Manectric, Masquerain, Minun, Nidoking, Normal Castform, Oranguru, Pinsir, Plusle, Primarina, Prinplup, Purugly, Pyroar, Quilladin, Raichu, Raichu (Alolan), Rapidash, Roserade, Samurott, Sandslash, Scolipede, Scyther, Sealeo, Serperior, Seviper, Slurpuff, Staraptor, Stoutland, Swanna, Swoobat, Sylveon, Talonflame, Togekiss, Toucannon, Typhlosion, Ursaluna, Vaporeon, Venomoth, Vespiquen, Vikavolt, Wailmer, Wailord, Whimsicott, Wigglytuff, Wormadam (Plant Cloak), Wormadam (Sandy Cloak), Xatu, Yanmega, Zangoose, Zebstrika
- No Duplicates: Only one of each Pokemon species is permitted on your team of 6. (No species duplicates!)
- Pro všechny ostatní situace platí pravidla Areny.
Prostudujte si pravidla Areny uvedená výše. Pro novou soutěžní sezónu byla pravidla upravena, tak se ujistěte, že víte o všech změnách!
How to Compete
Registration for the April Cup will become available to local community leaders on February 21st, 2023 - but Polkadot Cups must be scheduled for dates between April 1st and April 30th, 2023. Find a Cup tournament near you via the Tournament Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Community Leader Questions:
How Do I Host a Polkadot Cup Tournament in My Community?
Simply log in to Silph.gg with an authorized Community Leader account and create a Cup tournament on your community management page. You will be given an RSVP url to share with your community and, on the day of the tournament, a
join codeto confirm your tournament's registrants. For a guide to setting up your tournament on Silph.gg, click here.
How Do I Become Authorized to Host Tournaments on Silph.gg?
All Silph League Discord community admins simply need to add themselves as 'Tournament Admins' via the Discord
- On Discord, use the
@SilphRoad add-tournament-admin @username#0000command in your
#silph-leaguechannel. (You may need to log out of Silph.gg and back in again!)
Telegram channel and group admins are automatically authorized on Silph.gg.
Does the Polkadot Cup have to be hosted on a specific date?
Any date between April 1st and April 30th, 2023 is a valid date to hold your community's Polkadot Cup. The tournament registration page will not allow registering your Cup for an invalid date or time - so as long as you are able to create your tournament on Silph.gg, you will know it is set for a valid date.
I am a community leader of a Facebook Group (or other platform like Slack, Line, etc). How do I host the Polkadot Cup Cup for my community?
The Arena team is working quickly to enable non-Discord/Telegram communities to host the Cup. Stay tuned for news on this front!
How Do I Join a Polkadot Cup Tournament in My Community?
Find a local Cup being hosted by a community near you via the Tournament Map and read the event details on the event's RSVP page!
How Important Are Monthly Cups for My Player Rank?
Very. The vast majority of player rank in the Arena is derived from performance in the global, standardized Cups. (This is because Cups allow the Arena to observe the same controlled competitive scenarios for each player!)
Why is the Polkadot Cup played in Great League?
Great League (max 1500cp) provides a diverse, new playing field with many options for creative, competitive teams. It also allows more casual players to join tournaments at meetups without being completely unable to compete with level 40 trainers who often sport the same level 40 Legendary Pokemon. Great League also marks immediately irrelevant much of the amassed arsenal of those who manipulate their GPS location ('spoof') to circumvent in-game mechanic limiters and acquire unnatural advantages.
Where can I learn more about global player ranking?
You can learn more about Global Player Rankings by reading our Guide to Player Rank.
Resources & Guides
Time to study up! Conquering this meta requires preparation and practice. Review this collection of guides and resources from Arena contributors and community content creators to help you on your way to victory:
IONIC CUP / POLKADOT CUP META SIMPLIFIED!!!
The Wave 2 Cups have been announced and Steeeeeeeeeeve is here to give you the rundown on both!
Polkadot Cup Meta Simplified
Quickly analyze the Polkadot Cup cores with this meta simplified!
Meta Copa Polkadot
Learn the core groups and picks for the Polkadot Cup!
570?! From the Champions??? First looks and they Dominated the rankings!
PokebattleNetwork1 brings together top minds to discuss meta and team building in the Polkadot Cup!
Live Cup Data
As you plan your battle team, consider the species which appear most frequently in this meta: