Feb 15, 2021: Continuing the 2020-2021 Season and the Path to the Championships!
The second half of the 2020-2021 Season is underway! Competitors are battling through the Labyrinth and working their way up the leaderboards, but it’s time to take a moment to look ahead at the rest of the PvP Season.
Great challenges loom on the horizon! We started the Season with three Cups and witnessed a new Arena Format during the All-Star Invitational, but the Season is far from over. We have new metas, Regionals, and more in store for you, your path to the Championships has just begun!
February through June: Monthly Cups
The PvP Season resumes in February with the Labyrinth Cup, and will continue with new Cup metas through June. Don’t get complacent, the metas in this half of the season will be more complex and creative – they will push your team building and battling skills to their limits! New Cup details will continue to be announced roughly ten days before the start of the month to provide competitors ample time to prepare their teams.
June: Regionals by Invitation
The strongest competitors in each area will be invited to represent their communities in the Regional Invitationals which precede the Championship Season events.
Regional Invitationals are “hosted” by local volunteer communities and aim to encompass all communities within a certain radius.
Competitor and host qualifications, and information on applying can be found below.
July and August: Championship Season
Regional Champions and a few of the highest globally ranked competitors will be invited to battle at the Continental Championships held throughout July and August. The competitors who conquer these elite competitions will be some of the most skilled, elite battlers in the world!
In August the Arena will invite the Continental Champions and a few other top battlers to the most elite PvP contest of the Season – the Silph Arena World Championship! There, the Silph Arena World Champion will be crowned and write their name into legend. The World Championships will be expanded to include more of the world’s top PvP talent – more info to come!
2021 Regional Invitationals
Regional Invitationals are prestigious events which will take place during the month of June for the strongest trainers in each area to come together and test their skills and discover who truly is the most skilled battler in their region. Performing well at Regionals can earn you an invitation to compete at the elite Continental Championships and advance you on the path to World Champion!
Earning an Invitation to Compete
Competitors can qualify for a 2021 Regionals invite via any of four paths:
- Best in Community: The top trainer on a Community Leaderboard with 16 or more competitors will earn an invite.
- Only Leaderboards for communities who have hosted 3+ Cups this Season will qualify.
- Every 8 additional competitors on a Community’s Leaderboard will earn the community an additional invite (i.e. 24 = 2 total invites, 32 = 3 total invites, etc).
- If a competitor tops multiple communities’ leaderboards, they will receive the invite from the largest leaderboard they appear on. The invites for their other communities will be given to the next qualified competitor in those communities.
- Large Tournament Winners: Winners of rank-qualifying tournaments with 6 or more rounds will be invited.
- Winners (platinum medal) and second place finishers (silver medal) will both receive invites in a 7 round tournament.
- If there is a tie for the highest score, all of the tournament winners will receive the invite.
- Global Rank Cutoff: Competitors above a certain rank on the Global Leaderboards will each earn an invite.
- National Rank Cutoff: Competitors above a certain rank on their National Leaderboard will each earn an invite.
Adjustments may be made in certain regions to ensure balance and accurately evaluate trainers in that region.
Regional Host Information
The Arena’s Regional Invitationals are hosted by volunteer host communities across the globe. Prospective host communities will be invited to submit a host application.
Applications will open on March 7th and be accepted until March 28th. Those accepted will be notified in waves throughout the second half of April (to give them plenty of time to plan and prepare for their June event).
- The community applying must have hosted at least 3 Cups during the current PvP Season OR at least 2 during the current Season and 2 in past Seasons.
- The applicant’s Community Leaderboard must have at least 12 competitors.
- The community must have a track record of hosting successful tournaments.
- Tournament Organizers should be knowledgeable of the Arena Rules.
- The Tournament Organizers should be in good standing with their community members and surrounding communities.
We look forward to seeing both competitors and communities across the globe come together once more, in order to determine who among them is the very best.
– The Silph Arena Team –